Thursday, August 12, 2010

She latched!!!

After many attempts to get Katalina to learn how to latch, she finally did yesterday morning.  She is now becoming a nursing champ.  I am so glad that she finally figured it out and hope that now, we can start working on not falling asleep while she nurses and needing to nurse so often. 

Kameron is doing great as a big brother.  He loves to get down on Kat's playmat and play with her.  He shows her what each toy does and tries to explain to her how to play.  I just love to watch them interact.  He's very protective of his "baby" and loves to come up and kiss and love on her.  She is one very loved little girl.

I am especially enjoying the one-on-one time that I am getting with Kameron when Katalina sleeps.  We will cuddle on the couch and talk or read.  He is such a loving and understanding little boy.  I am so thankful that I have such wonderful kids.  Kameron was so understanding when I was pregnant and just didn't feel like doing much.  He would be happy just to be cuddling with me.  Now that I've had Katalina, he loves to make sure that I have everything I need.  He brings me anything I ask him to, and makes sure that daddy takes good care of me.  Michael made peach smoothies last night, and Kameron made sure that I got one before he even took a drink out of his.  If Michael didn't make me one, he was offering to share his without me even having to ask.

Katalina also had her first professional photo shoot yesterday morning.  The photographer told me that she was the easiest baby that she's ever had the chance to photograph.  Kat did great.  We should have a "Sneak Peek" of the pics in the next couple of days and the CD with all the edited shots in about 2 weeks.  I can't wait to see them.  The few unedited ones that I did get to see were great!  Katalina slept through the majority of the shoot, so she just looked like a little angel.  I did manage to get peed and spit up on, but I should have known better than to feed her without having put a diaper on her.  Oops!  I'll know next time.  I'll post some of the pics once I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment